I don’t know what happened in August. I had all month off and read 2 books. Oh well. I enjoyed them, so who cares, right? They’re both TikTok recs which I only buy if I genuinely like the sound of the book based on blurbs and trusted reviews. And these 2 were definitely successes.
Books I read this month…
- Ruin and Roses by Deanna Ortega – 5 stars
- The Book of Azrael by Amber Nicole – 5 stars
Mini non-spoiler reviews…
Ruin and Roses did not disappoint. It delivers spice, treason, questionable characters, and lots of secrets.
The Book of Azrael. Wow. This is definitely top level reading in every sense. The writing was excellent. The characters were amazingly well-written, and the worldbuilding was both exciting but easy to follow. I love the enemies to lovers trope, especially when they’re mortal enemies.
Let’s see if I can stick to my TBR next month. Oh well. I get to the book eventually.
Books I’m going to read next month…
- The Never King by Nikki St. Crowe (I already finished this since it’s super short for a fantasy)
- Warrior Fae by Caroline Pecham and Sussanne Valenti (I just started)
- Glow by Raven Kennedy – I was too wrapped up in the Zodiac books that I delayed starting this one.
- Halven Rising book 3, Fates Fulfilled