Reading did not go to plan this month, but that’s okay. I got through some great stories, mostly indie authors, including a couple of ARCs.
Books I read this month…
- Gods and Monsters by Janie Marie – 3 stars
- A Shimmer Between (ARC) by Evelyn Sage – 3.5
- Disgraced by Holly Huntress – 4
- Death Maker (ARC) by J.C. McKenzie – 5 stars
- Beyond Forsaken Worlds by J.P. McDonald – 4 stars
- Shadows and Lies by Deanna Ortega – 3 stars
- Their Vicious Darling by Nikki St. Crowe – 5 stars
- Belladonna by Adalyn Grace – 5 stars
Mini non-spoiler reviews…
Gods and Mostes had such a great start but then fell away for me. And a lot of the writing and character traits were overdone.
A Shimmer Between. Again, another great story but lacked clear descriptions and had an awkward magical power.
Disgraced had good characters and story, but the writing was a little flat for my liking.
Death Maker. Loved everything about this book. The writing was excellent. The story was really fun and the love interest was nicely played.
Beyond Forsaken Worlds reminded me of Firefly but the movie, and The Lower Decks with some intergalactic conspiracies.
Their Vicious Darling is the best of the series so far. I loved the previous books, but felt they were too short to really get into. Now it’s a decent length story, and I really love it.
Shadow and Lies wasn’t as good as I was hoping. I actually skipped a lot because I was waiting for something to happen that never did.
Belladonna. Wow. This was another top tier book for me. It started off a lot like mine which was super fun, and it had similar tone and elements to my book. How could I not love it?
Books I’m going to read next month…
- To Ashes and Dust (ARC) by Luna Laurier
- Autumn of the Grimoire by J.L. Vamp
- A game of Malice and Greed by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti
- Until the Last Drop by Kyla Shinder
- An Heir Comes to Rise C.C. Peñaranda
- Supernova by Julie Hall
- Forsaken Thrones by L.L. Stiles
- Broken Bonds by J. Bree